Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day


May the good earth be soft under you
when you rest upon it,
and may it rest easy over you when,
at the last, you lay out under it,
And may it rest so lightly over you
that your soul may be out
from under it quickly,
and up, and off,
And be on its way to God.

Irish Blessing

This blessing nails it on the head for me. In New Mexico where I live it is illegal to ghost hunt in most cemeteries. I have no problem with this.

I, like the families of the deceased in New Mexico’s cemeteries feel the dead should be left in peace. Secondly, I agree with the sentimental wish expressed in this Irish blessing. If I were a spirit that was still earthbound you wouldn’t find me hanging around were they buried me, I instead would probably haunt an area that had meaning to me while I was alive. Just a thought.

Whether you wear the orange or green today I hope you have some fun.

Happy Ghost Hunting!

No comments: